On the flight to London
Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace guard... kind of looks like a statue
Phil and Jeff by Big Ben
Ali and a guard at the House of Parliament. (I really wanted a picture with the guards who had big guns but they wouldn't let me)
Ali and a big red British phone booth
"Look Right" and "Look Left" are on almost every corner near attractions so tourists don't get hit by cars.
Phil and Ali in front of Tower Bridge
Another view of Tower Bridge
London will host the Olympics in 2012 and they have the flag flying in front of City Hall
Tower of London where the Crown Jewels are kept. We got there too late to go look but we believe it ;)
The HUGE catapult outside the Tower of London that Phil loved. (It reminded me of the mini one my dad made for my brother, and the one we made for my egg launch project in middle school)
Jeff and I loved The Tube (convenient, yes, but usually crowded and hot)
Next few pictures are from The Science Museum: This hands on area was geared towards kids - so Phil and Jeff had a blast playing with the heat sensing camera that projected the image on a plasma screen and the other exhibits. I captured the action and laughed at them.
Using ice pops to change the heat sensor image
Heat sensor camera image - you can see Phil's black lips from the ice pop
Participating in a demonstration
Phil and Jeff checking out another hands-on experiment area

3 comments:
Oh, God!!
London is so beatiful!!!
hi, i'm from london..i love your photos of london (not sure about the one on the underground everyone seemed unfriendly) but anyhow..really love your pics..
I like the whole stuff posted, text, photos and all. "Egg launch", what a project!
Very good everything, indeed.
If you happen to return this visit you'll be on a much better welcoming position than I find myself now, since you'll be doing so upon my request and already knowing You'll be welcome. In taht case I will be back here to return your visit an so to time indefinite. I am writing a blog in English now
http://neo-orkuteiro-inenglish.blogspot.com/
since I place comments on blogs from practically everywhere the world over and some bloggers go to mine in return for the visit, i tohough it adequate to write a blog readable to them. English is very convenient for that purpose.
Post a Comment