The first thing we did was go check out the Eiffel Tower. I had been there when I studied abroad but this was the first time for the guys. The weather was beautiful so we got some great pictures. Afterwards, we went to see the Notre Dame Cathedral.
The next day we saw the Sacre Coeur and checked out the area on the Montmarte Hill before getting ready for the Jimmy Buffett show. The show was in a really small venue and Phil and Jeff were in heaven. Not really being fans ourselves, Justin and I hung out at the bar and made friends with some people who worked in the venue.
The next day we went to check out the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre (which was closed), and the Champs de Elysees. We spent the night playing cards and taking full advantage of the Executive Lounge at the Hilton and then took a flight in the morning to Munich to begin the next phase of the adventure... however, here are some photos from Part 1!
Le Tour Eiffel (imagine a French accent)
Views from the top. Well actually not the top, we only made it up to the highest point you could climb to without the elevator since the line was so long.
Sacre Coeur from a distance
Arc de Triompe
Phil and I on the Tower overlooking the city
Panoramics of the City
Cathedral Notre Dame, front and back
We found cheap beers near our first hotel, our only ones in France
Sacre Coeur
Phil and I in front.
The boys tried on these amazing sunglasses for me.
This is one of my favorite places in Paris. All of these artist set up around a square on the hill and sell paintings and drawings. If only I had unlimited funds, I would have bought this beautiful abstract I found.
Waiting in line to pick up the Buffett tickets
Panoramic of the venue to give you a little perspective of how small it was.
Close up of the man himself
Phil and Jeff - clearly enjoying themselves!
Next stop was the Arc de Triomphe
The Louvre - panorama style
Inside the pyramid
Phil being a silly American and a little girl judging him.
More outside the Louvre. We got there too late to go in.
Hanging out at the park
Champs de Elysees
Metro
Swiss airlines plane to Munich. PRETTY!
Goodbye Paris! Join us for Part 2 in Munich in the next post!

No comments:
Post a Comment