So I got up and joined them for a night at Oktoberfest that ended up being really fun. They had met some girls to hang out with and we also ended up meeting some guys from Zurich. All around, a fantastic and unexpected first night.
The second day we broke out the Oktoberfest costumes we had bought online for the occasion. We spent the day tent-hopping and meeting people from all over. We hung out with a crew of Aussies and Kiwis into the night and all made it to the train the next day to head to Prague.
Welcome to Oktoberfest! Day One.
The "tents" are enormous. Here are some of them.
I found the guys at Lowenbrau. This is what they looked like finishing their first Liters. They looked much happier by the time I arrived after dark.
Giant pretzels. These are delicious, and they are everywhere.
Justin and I right after I arrived.
Justin and Jeff and their new friends
Phil and Jeff inside the tent near the end of the night.
Day Two getting ready to go to Oktoberfest all dressed up
Phil and I inside the tent
Phil, Justin, and I getting the day started
Phil and Jeff with our Aussie friends: Wills, Liz, and Lisa
Phil in full costume - love it!
Chicken Schnitzel Burger Break!
And then back to partying. This time the Hofbrauhaus. It was packed!
Bye Munich! Next stop - Prague! Part 3 coming soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment