Welcome to our blog

We will be posting pictures and stories from our adventures abroad right here - so mark this as a "favorite" and check back often for updates. -Phil and Alison

To send us a message, click here.


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mitch's Visit to Zurich

Our friend Mitch came to visit last weekend on his way to Israel for his brother's wedding. Apparently he doesn't really get jet lag so when he landed Friday morning at 8 a.m. he was ready to go on an adventure. We jumped on a train to Luzern and then went straight up to the top of Mt. Pilatus on the cog-wheel train. We hiked around the top a little bit and took tons of pictures. Next, we went to a really neat ropes course and spent a couple of hours climbing around. Finally we spent some time checking out the highlights of Luzern before going back to Zurich. We had ambitious plans to go out but Mitch finally gave in to jet lag and fell asleep.

The next day was jam packed as well. We went to see the sites around the city and then met up with a couple of friends to watch the Europride 09 Parade. The festival was in town all month and culminated with a great parade through Zurich. Although it wasn't quite as crazy as expected, it was still really fun.

On Sunday we went down to the lake for some frisbee and sunshine and then took Mitch to the Zeughaus for some authentic Swiss cuisine.

Mt. Pilatus bahn station

On the way up to the top on the train

Almost there!

The crazy zig-zag path leading to the top.

Panoramic view from the top

Yeay! Phil and I riding a dragon!

A couple more pictures of the view...


The three of us hiked another 30 minutes up to the highest point. This is Me, Phil, and Mitch at the top.

Found the place for Phil and I to get married! Kidding, but I just liked the idea of getting hitched on the edge of a cliff.


Getting started on the ropes course!


Me preparing to jump off of the platform - so much fun!

Phil and I climbing over to the big zip lines

Zip line!

Mitch and Phil getting ready to zip line

Phil was ridiculously in his element doing all of this, whereas it took me a little while to get used to it.



The Cathedral Bridge in Luzern

The old city wall

View from the top of the wall

And last but not least the lion carving


Pridefest 2009 Parade! Some of the costumes were so great and the huge trucks were blasting dance music and techno! It had the atmosphere of a huge party. I was just happy being there to support equal rights for everyone.




We also checked out the Europride festival at night to enjoy some techno and some libations!



Mitch returns to Zurich from Thursday night until Saturday morning so we'll see what other adventures happen then! :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice shirt Mitch! Was Coldplay playing the Parade?

Unknown said...

That's so cool! Wow, did I miss this post yesterday! What great photos. I kick myself knowing I never went up Pilatus the entire time I lived in Switzerland. I guess I need to try soon!

Great Euro PRide photos too!