Welcome to our blog

We will be posting pictures and stories from our adventures abroad right here - so mark this as a "favorite" and check back often for updates. -Phil and Alison

To send us a message, click here.


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hike #2

Phil and I took advantage of another nice day and went on a hike. Phil was off of work and we headed towards the other end of the lake to hike up to the Hörnli peak. We started by taking the train to Steg and then hiking up. We packed a lunch and ate at the top and then hiked along the ridge and down to Bauma. This hike was a little less technical than the first one we took, but it was a lot longer. It was over 10km by the time we finished. There were a lot of cool things along the way and great views of the countryside. Unfortunately, we forgot to pack the good camera, but we took some pictures with Phil's iPhone.


In this picture, you can just make out the tower on the top of the Hörnli peak.
We had to hike through cow pastures in places. There was a symphony of cow bells all around for the first half of the hike. I loved it!

Although as much as I love cows, it was a little intimidating to be so close to them! This one looked particularily scary with the ring through its nose and started moving when we went by.

Beautiful landscape all around!


Here I am hiking through a very steep cow pasture

We found a neat cave on the hike

We also found a really cool campsite/picnic area with 2 waterfalls. It was beautiful.

Next time we take a hike we will make sure to take the camera along!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow - those are still beautiful pictures. When I read you didn't take a camera along, I got puzzled and had to re-read it.. Glad you captured the day!