Welcome to our blog

We will be posting pictures and stories from our adventures abroad right here - so mark this as a "favorite" and check back often for updates. -Phil and Alison

To send us a message, click here.


Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 Weeks to go


I have officially put in my notice that I will be done with work on August 15th. That will give us the next week to pack up and leave the apartment.

It is starting to feel very real now. Phil's coworker from Zurich is already scheduling flights and lodging for them for an engagement in September. He will be traveling to Luneburg, which is an hour outside Hamburg Germany for 2 weeks. He will be visiting this client several times while we are there so at some point I will join him for a weekend to check out the city. I remember transfering trains and riding through Hamburg when I studied abroad, but that is about all.

Still no word on Phil's work permit and my residence permit. We are hoping to hear something by the end of July. This will influence everything from choosing an apartment, to packing and planning trips. Not to mention we cannot book our flights until we have our permits approved. More to come once we get those permits!

No comments: