We started Jess's visit on Thursday by walking around the city a little bit before taking a much-needed nap. Then we put on our bikinis and jumped into Lake Zurich for a refreshing swim. Next, the beer garden was on the agenda until the rain moved in and didn't leave until Saturday. Friday we walked around the city in the rain until we couldn't stand it any longer and went to meet up with some friends at a local watering hole. Saturday we took a hike up to the top of Uetilberg overlooking Zurich and then went to a birthday party for one of our friends. The night ended up being so much fun and we headed to Nelson's to dance and didn't leave until 5am! We had a 7am train to catch to go to Lake Como but we fell asleep and didn't get on a train until after 1pm. We stayed at an apartment in Tremezzo on Lake Como until Wednesday morning and Jess had to leave on Thursday mid-day. It was a jam-packed visit and I was sad to see her go.
Jess is here! Jess and I at the Beer Garden after our swim in the lake.
Phil and Adam enjoying some big beers at the Beer Garden
Rain, rain, go away! Jess and I on a bridge over the Limmat in Zurich
Phil and I in the rain out front of the Grossmunster Church.
Uetliberg Hike on Saturday. The weather was so much better!
We made it to the top of the tower!
Party time :) Phil and Pete playing beer pong.
Jess and I before heading out to Nelson's
The late night party crew! Dance until 5:00am? No problem for these guys!
Our apartment in Tremezzo, Italy. The upper floor was all ours and we had a beautiful garden as well.
The view out of our bedroom window. Not too shabby waking up to that!
Checking out the city
Panoramic of Lake Como
Bellagio!
Donde esta la biblioteca? :)
It was really windy on the ferry!
Don't remember which town this was, but I liked it.
Menaggio
Hanging out by the floating pool at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Not an especially sunny day, but still nice enough to be outside!
Phil spent part of an afternoon walking around shooting pictures. Here are some of my favorite ones.
I loved this green door that was down from our apartment.
This next couple of photos were all taken in the garden of our apartment.
Thanks to Jess for a great time and also for letting us use some of her pictures on the blog! :)

1 comment:
Oh how awesome, now I really want to go there!
Post a Comment