We spent our first night at our new apartment last night. So far so good! I love having a space to call our own, not to mention a comfy couch! We still have a mountain of cardboard 3-4 feet tall in our living room so I haven't taken any photos yet. I am hoping to clear that out today or tomorrow so I can post some pictures.
I am working on laundry today also. I have lost count of how many loads I have done. Each switch of the laundry means 3 flights of stairs up and down, so I figure it is a workout also ;)
I have noticed that every day around lunch time our stairwell smells like fried onions. I think it is coming from the same apartment and it seems pretty weird that fried onions would be that much of a staple for lunch. I love fried onions as much as the next person, but this seems like over kill.
Tonight I am going to try to make KC style BBQ sauce from scratch, and make some pulled pork and cole slaw. So far I have been doing some good things in the kitchen for being an amateur cook. I have made Roasted Red Pepper Tomato soup and Chicken Tortilla soup from scratch, cole slaw from scratch, Pasta with Red Pepper Cayenne Cream sauce, quiche, and a couple other things I can't think of at the moment.
The grocery stores are really close to the new apartment and the Migros is huge! It is by far the largest of the stores I have been in thus far. Amazing selections compared to the others too. Makes cooking so much more fun!
Welcome to our blog
We will be posting pictures and stories from our adventures abroad right here - so mark this as a "favorite" and check back often for updates. -Phil and Alison
To send us a message, click here.
To send us a message, click here.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment